Map goes to straight lines

I put in a route and went back today because it had a detour I did not want, I edited it where I wanted it and instead of following the roads it drew a straight line to and from that point, I tried a couple times and got the same results, I thought if I went ahead and saved it then it would snap to the roads, well it didn’t, and now I can’t change it back. Please help. Lol. The ride is the Sam Houston National Forrest.

Same issue, had issue last night as well. Tried in IE and the page does not load, I would say they site/service has issues.

Yeah, don’t know how to fix that on my map. Going on this ride Saturday and this would be the first time to use this, especially in a group.
Thanks for response, hope we get an answer

Hey David - yeah sometimes our routing engine doesn’t manage to find a route and just defaults to a straight line.

Try this to fix it:

Open your route and click the Edit button.

Drag the red point markers on both ends of the straight line segment to slightly different locations. This will force a recalculation of the route path.

Thanks, I’ll check it out again. I tried to do that, even to start over several times and all it will do is straight lines.

Livin NHiswill4U
David

Jules, is this app no longer available? I told my son to download it and he couldnt find it in the app store. I searched mine and I have the app, but can’t find it in the app store.
Thanks
Livin NHiswill4U
David

There’s no app, it just runs in your web browser. Just tell him to head to motowhere.com :slight_smile:

We’ve been having some issues again with our route calculation provider, but these should be fixed now.

1 Like

Thank you.
Livin NHiswill4U
David

Yes! Success! It works better and faster than the first time. Thanks

Livin NHiswill4U
David

1 Like

Go to the point that you are having trouble with. Make sure the point is ON a road. Then make sure your next point is ON a road too. I had the straight line issue a few times. I just made sure to zoom in and set my points on the road. They cleared right up after that.